get a badge now!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What is it about Tuesday Nights...

So, I went to the rec center to ride the bike for a bit, but all the machines were taken. Instead of waiting around, I decided to go up to the track and walk a few laps. I decided that a mile would be fine since I did a half the night before with relatively little discomfort...this time I would just walk. When I was about 80% done, my ankle starting throbbing, so I finished my mile, then hobbled down the stairs, gathered my shit and went home. I then received word that Claire not only has Strep again, but also has the flu on top of that...bummer. She has been fighting this crap for the past 2 weeks.

Needless to say, I was really upset about everything...I really felt I was making progress, but this made me feel like I took a step back. I questioned the doctor guy I was seeing (since he really only scraped my foot with tools and prescribed the same 3 exercises) and then I called my Mother, who is always the voice of reason. Of course, I upset her because I was upset, I honestly feel bad aboot that because she is all the way in Canada, but she does always make me think about things a little clearer. An email from her last night with the subject line "life and shit" made me feel much better, THANK YOU MOM.

Anyway, I think I may try to see an ortho/sports medicine person this coming week (there is an office walking distance from the office, just need to make sure insurance covers it), not sure about going back to the spine and joint guy...not going to walk the 8.5 on Saturday...still going to finish the 1/2 marathon.

J

No comments: