get a badge now!

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Saturday Long Run (PARTIAL RACE COURSE!)

We just got back from our long run for the week. We did 8 miles, about 7.25 of it was on the actual course we will be running for the half marathon. Each week, the runs become more of a rush for me...

Mom is off this week due to her leg issues, but Karen came with...she started out with my 3:1 group but as we expected, it was too slow for her, so she moved up a few groups and finally settled in with the 6:1 group. She was really nervous about it this morning, but she really ended up enjoying running with everybody.

For the most part, it was business as usual, until about mile 4 when one of the other pace leaders was following me and at the next water stop told me that my right foot was pronating and those were probably not the shoes for me. I need something with more support. I asked him if this would cause ankle pain...he advised yes...so, needless to say, he asked me to come back in and they would get me in something else. I will post about that later...her are our times for this week:

Karen 8 miles, 1:32 11:30 minute pace
Joe 8 miles 1:37 12:07 minute pace

This week was really not that bad, even with the hills...the best part is that I could have kept going after 8...the way things are looking now, as long as I do not get injured, I should be good to go for the half!

Thanks,

J

2 comments:

Tim Martin said...

Joe... you pronate at the office all the time, but I thought it was, you know, a personal issue, so I never mentioned it.

ae said...

I want to find out where you're getting fitted for shoes. I have never been able to run without getting massive blisters on the balls of my feet and I suspect that the right shoe could change that.