get a badge now!

Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Long Run after 3 days rest

Mom and I went out to meet the Fleet Feet crew at the Concord YMCA this morning to run our long run for the week. Mom ran with the 2:2 interval group while I stuck with the 3:1 interval group. They advised that the marathon group was going to be running the 8 miles, but they strongly encouraged everyone else to stick with the 7 miles due to the course we were running was very hilly. They were correct, it was definitely the most difficult course we ran yet, but ultimately was the most satisfying run yet.

Joe: 7 miles 1:28:15 12:36 pace
Mom: 7 miles 1:35:00 13:34 pace

I was really proud of this one because I ran every interval without stopping. Meaning, I did not take an interval 'off' to walk. I was very conservative with my energy at the beginning because at around mile 6 on the last run, I started to run out of gas. Thankfully, today, that did not happen. Our last 2 intervals, we were able to push a little harder and pick up the pace to around 10:15 which was pretty impressive to me...especially after running 6.5 miles...I really enjoyed myself today and still feel pretty good, although I know that I will sore tomorrow. We are off for 2 days, then we will run 4 miles Tuesday and Thursday, then we are scheduled to run 7-8 miles down near the David Lipscomb U Baseball field for our Saturday run...

Karen was unable to attend the run this morning due to a scheduling conflict, but she did an 8 mile run this morning, it was a 4 mile out and back. She did really well.

Karen: 8 miles 1:38:00 12:15

Have a Good Weekend!

J

No comments: