get a badge now!

Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday Afternoon Doctors Visit/Monday Night Workout

Had another Doctors appointment this afternoon, he said I was progressing well and as long as the pain was gone, he could teach me a few other exercises to continue the rehab process. Of course, before that he had to work my foot over with those steel instruments...which again was terribly painful, but once he was done, my foot/shin/ankle felt great. It was a short visit, most importantly, he agreed that I should be good to WALK on Saturday. More on this in a moment....

After the appointment, I went over to the rec center to ride the bike for a bit. I did my half hour, and it felt great. Afterwards, I had sort of a wild hair and decided to go up to the track to walk some. I did the equivalent of a half mile...did not worry about time....walked the first 6 laps, then jogged the last one. After the last lap, my ankle did feel a bit weak. It made me think about what someone at work had asked me earlier when they learned of my injury. "Are you still going to be able to run"...as of right now, I may be able to safely say that I may not be able to run at the speed that I was 2 weeks ago, but I am going to try and I am going to finish...whether I have to walk the last half. It is going to happen. After that, I will have the whole year to train/rehab so that I will be in perfect (as can be) shape for the WDW Marathon.

J

No comments: