get a badge now!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Last Few Days...

I took the last few days off from training...or at least the normal training schedule due to some ankle issues I got from playing tennis 2 days in a row. Last night, I did got to the rec center and used the recumbent stair-stepper for a mile, then walk/jogged about a mile and a quarter...I feel good today and definitely ready to run my 4 miles tomorrow night.

I do not want to totally stop playing tennis, but I do need to get some court shoes that do fit me. I will be doing some more shoe shopping this weekend. I also got a $25 gift certificate from Fleet Feet which I am strongly considering purchasing a back-up pair of running shoes with.

The key for me is to not get the fear of getting injured in my head...when I ran the other night, I felt like I was favoring that ankle which I think will ultimately cause a "real" injury.

A couple of other side notes:

1. I purchased my first "running" book. Jeff Galloway's You Can Do It: Half-Marathon...this guy is a genius and has totally changed the way I think about running. http://www.amazon.com/Half-Marathon-You-Can-Jeff-Galloway/dp/1841261904/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234397745&sr=8-2

2. Check out my Mom's blog, she just started up yesterday:
http://jerseygrammy.blogspot.com/

Thanks,

J

No comments: