get a badge now!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Yesterday's Run, etc

Due to some scheduling conflicts, Mom and I ended up running around the neighborhood instead of going to the River Park...as with our last few runs, I am still doing heart rate training which is getting better, but still a bit frustrating. We initially planned to run 5-6 miles, a quick out a back through the next subdivision over, but changed our minds once we got out there and decided to go a bit further...

We ended up doing about 7.3, which was great, but it was a slow go. I understand that in the long run, the HR training is going to be good for me, but right now, it is a bit frustrating. Having to stop or slow down considerably to stay in my zone is a bit annoying. We ended up having a 15 minute pace for our 7, which is fine (albeit, very very slow)...when we finished, I was not tired at all. Sort of felt like I had not worked out at all, but I know that this has worked for Mom, Byron, and Lou...so, I will keep it up. I imagine, it will work great during Marathon training.

Speaking of which, after the run, Bella and I went into Brentwood to sign up for the Fleet Feet Marathon Training...we got Karen and I signed up, we are good to go to start on 9/12! We also visited the Halcyon Bike shop, a local outfit that sells and refurbishes old bikes. It was a great visit, they seem like really nice people...although I did not see anything I liked yesterday, I will definitely be back. I am definitely interested in getting a bicycle so that I can do some cross training...

Today, I am going to attend a spin class with Karen, we will see how that goes...

No comments: