get a badge now!

Friday, August 7, 2009

Disneyland Part 2: The most awesome Splash Mountain picture ever...



Seriously, we could not do any better...of course, Ryan and I are mugging for the camera and the girls are the definition of extreme fright...once we got of Splash Mountain, we had some decisions to make, we wanted to make sure that we hit everything we wanted to at Disneyland while still leaving time for all the cool stuff at California Adventure. Next stop, one of my personal favorites, the Haunted Mansion...



Claire has always been sort of indifferent towards this one...she loves hearing "Grim Grinning Ghosts", but she is not a huge fan of the darkness of the ride...OF COURSE, it stopped during the initial ascent...she was not terribly pleased, but as I told both children, I do not ask for much...just a visit to HM, POTC, and IASW...after that, we headed towards POTC. Rats, it was down...unfortunately for us, it was up and down most of the day, we did get in line later in the day, but it went down while we were waiting.



Due to the time crunch, we had to press on. I guess I will hit up POTC at WDW in January...Next up, the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh...I always have enjoyed this ride (even if it did replace Mr. Toad)...was pretty much the same ride as at WDW with 1 small difference...the cars...



After Pooh, we took a look through New Orleans Square...found the Club 33 door!!



Soldiering on, we made it to the Jungle Cruise...I love everything about this ride, always have...the corny jokes, the "animals", the back of the waterfall...The interactivity of the ride keeps it fresh for me.



From here we chose to split up, I took the kids to get a snack, while Ry, Amanda, and Karen went to ride Indiana Jones...while the kids enjoyed their pretzels we hung out and enjoyed the scenery. Up until that point, we had not waited more than 20 minutes for anything...it was nice...Once Karen was back from the ride, I rushed over to the single rider line to give it a shot. It was a pretty good ride, same concept as Dinosaur at AK. It seemed like the timing was off, we never got to see the boulder and I think we missed a bit of the "choose your adventure" bit at the beginning...over all, I did not enjoy it as much as Dinosaur...

Before heading to CA Adventure, we wanted to run through Tomorrowland real quick. The girls wanted to ride the Astro Orbiter, while Ryan and I wanted to chill out for a second and get a drink...



We ended our first round of Disneyland with another couple of favorites, Buzz Lightyear and Space Mountain...both rides seemed very similar to their WDW counterparts although Space Mountain was a lot smoother and seemed faster.



and me, I was a Level 4 - Space Scout...yes, it was because the ride stopped while I was able to continue to shoot at things, but nonetheless, I was happy with my score...




Next up...Ca Adventures...Back to Disneyland for Fireworks,Tink and Dumbo...

No comments: