get a badge now!

Friday, August 14, 2009

In Training...

So, we have a lot going on training wise right now...

Monday - Tin Roof 2 Fun run - this is a 3.5 - 5 mile run every Monday night from the Tin Roof 2 in Cool Springs...It is right up the street from work, so it is easy to get to for me. I am considering making it my normal Monday run due to its "ease of use"...I do not have to plan a course...just show up and run...

Tuesday - Mom and I are running with the "No Boundaries" group which is a couch to 5k program training for the Race for the Cure, organized by Fleet Feet...Here is another 3-5 miler that is every week. We ran 3.76 the other night so I imagine once we pick the pace up and I get in better gear with my Heart Rate training, then we will be running closer to 4.5 or 5...

Wednesday - Rest or swimming...we will see, I am trying to get myself up earlier enough to swim laps in the morning...

Thursday - Starting next week, Thursday will be an 'easy run'...at most 3 miles...just to keep warm and keep my miles up...

Friday - more XT - when I can find a decent used bike, I will probably take it out with the girls around the neighborhood or something.

Saturday - Long Run day - starting September 12th, full marathon training starts with Fleet Feet, we will run at the very least 12 miles every Saturday...it is going to be tough, but we are ready. We are starting our mileage increases this weekend so that when we get to 9/12, we will be ready to rock...

Sunday - Rest

Then we get to start over...It is going to be an exciting fall between training for Las Vegas (half), then Disney 6 weeks after that.

Goals for the Fall:

1. Heart Rate Training - be able to keep my heart rate within my zone and be able to recover quickly...or quicker than I can now...I think that when the cool air gets here, we will be good to go...

2. At least 20 miles a week starting in September...

3. Beat 2:50 in Las Vegas...I know the course already...by then I should be in a great shape...

4. Eat right...Karen and I are starting the game on diet this week, we will see how that goes...I have already lost 3 lbs this week by drinking water instead of Diet Coke...

That is all for now...tomorrow morning there will be a 6-7 miler at the river park, visit to Fleet Feet, then a visit to Halycon Bikes in Nashville to see if they have anything good...

No comments: