get a badge now!

Friday, August 28, 2009

Been a bit...

So, I have had 2 good weeks of runs...I feel pretty confident that I can get 4 runs in a week, plus a swim or two...

Over the past week, Mom and I have been doing our long runs in Spring Hill which is different than normal. We normally like to go up to the River Park in Brentwood, but it has been a bit easier to run close to home. We found a pretty good route that has some hills and also passes to restrooms, so we have been running that...

During the week, I have been running 3ish miles at the River Park...I am comfortable running there...if I forget the Garmin, I know my distance so I know where to turn around...

On to the Heart Rate training...it is going well...Mom and I ran 8.4 miles last week using HR instead of intervals...we were slow, but we could have gone on for at least another mile or two. This is going to be really helpful for the marathon...right now, I feel confident that I can run a half and know that around mile 10, I still have enough in the tank that I can open my speed up at the end if I need to...for the full, it will prety much be about survival. As long as I can keep running even at a slow pace, I can stay ahead of the sweepers...

Nothing else really new to blog...I have been reading this book...

http://www.amazon.com/Slow-Fat-Triathlete-Athletic-Dreams/dp/1569244677/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251512244&sr=8-1

I am about 70% through it...it is more or less a beginners guide to triathlons told by a "normal" athlete...someone who started running to lose weight...starting at 269 pounds and graduated to tri's...which I think is going to be next years project...we will see...

No comments: