get a badge now!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Spin Class...

So, I attended "spin" class with Karen this afternoon, it didn't suck...however it is not something that I will do regularly. It was a great workout, I definitely worked up a sweat, but any XT I am going to be doing is going to be moderate and at my own pace. It was really amazing watching Karen and the rest of the class "sprint" up the "hills" and whatnot, but I have been injury free since February and I want to keep it that way...any cycling I do, will be on a real bike through the neighborhoods.

Tomorrow, Karen and I start the big diet. One of the big concerns of this diet was one of the "rules" is no soda...meaning no diet coke...on a bet, I started a week early. So, as of tomorrow, I will be off the diet coke for a full week...so far, it has been pretty easy...I wake up with a small headache, lack of caffeine I guess, but that is easily remedied with my morning coffee. Other than that, there is really nothing special about the diet...eating the right carbs, lean meats, etc...no fries, no pizza...smaller meals, but more of them. It last 4 weeks, we will see what happens...

I am going to do my best to run during lunch tomorrow. I decided than instead of being out late 2 nights in a row, I would try to run during lunch on Mondays...the temperature difference between 11 and 5:30 has been minimal lately...

Also, I booked the Disney trip for January, I already had our hotel booked (Pop Century), but I had not made the decision on how many days of tickets we would need...just a quick call to Disney reservations and all of that was fixed. I love talking to those people...they really know what they are doing...

Have a good week...

No comments: