get a badge now!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Quick Post about last night...

I left work yesterday to 78 degree weather, even though it was an off night, it would have been silly to not run yesterday. I got home and Karen was ready for me to cook dinner, so I went ahead and grilled some steaks and we ate an early dinner. One of our neighbors graciously offered to watch Bella for a bit while we put in a quick 5 miles.

We stretched, tried to let our food digest the best we could, then took off. Karen tracked us a different route that had some hills, but also had some flat points where we could recover. It was pretty much my out and back to Buckner, but a little further and a detour into another part of the neighborhood that had a couple of extra hills. All in all, I think I did OK, I was a bit nervous because I generally do not run RIGHT after I eat...I felt a bit heavy at mile 2, but picked things up by 3, and we finished pretty strong. I also need to make sure I tie my shoes correctly, one of my shoes was fairly loose during the first mile or so and I decided to ignore it for a while which did nto give my ankle the support it needed, so it started to ache a bit after a while. Once I fixed my shoe, all was well again.

Joe and Karen: 5 miles 1:05:19 13:04 pace

So, I am still running slow...I lost about a minute a mile which I know I can get back, but I am trying to not get frustrated over it. My ankle is still healing, and I am doing my best. I was going to go back to my old interval this weekend for our 9-10 miler, but I think Mom's plan may be best. Go 3:1 during the week on my short runs (we did 3:1 last night) and this weekend being a long run, stay with 2:2 and next week during recovery, go ahead and run 3:1's all week...to ease back into it. My goal still is to be running 4:1 for the 1/2...we will see...

Thanks,

Joe

1 comment:

Jersey Grammy said...

Excellent plan Joe....remember your goal? Finish the race!