get a badge now!

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Long Time, No Run...

...or at least it felt like it. I ran my normal 3 Tuesday, but due to some scheduling conflicts (Bella's 1st Grade Music Program) and my inability to get up early enough to run before work, I was unable to get another 3 in.

Saturday was special because it was the first weekend in a bit that all 3 of us were able to participate. Karen was largely over her cold, so she went back with her 6:1 group and Mom's leg was doing well, but not well enough to trot with my 2:2 group, so she went with the walkers.

Yesterday morning's run was at the Concord Y, we know the route really well, this is our 3rd run out there. Since we did the long run last week (9.8), we had a recovery run of 6 miles ahead of us. The weather was a bit cold at the beginning, but it turned out to be a very decent, uneventful run. I felt good about my breathing, I finished strong, I honestly could have kept on going after the end...So, really nothing to report. As we always do, we went to Mom's for a quick dip in the hot tub, before we went about our day.

5 weeks from the race and I feel pretty confident. Since, I feel like I am in my zone for the long mileage, I don't feel it necessary to push myself into another interval group right now. After the CM 1/2, the next major race for us will be the Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta...since this is just a 10k, I will be pushing myself for that one. My goal is to be in the 4->6:1 range for that race, which I think will give me a good base for fall training for Disney.

There will be some long miles this week, no room for missing any. Plan is for 5 tomorrow, 6 Thursday, and then our long 10-12 run on Saturday. We will reach another milestone this weekend...after Saturday, we will have run 50 miles this month which I think is a very big accomplishment for us.

Thanks,

Joe

No comments: