get a badge now!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Made it through Tuesday Night

This afternoon, the panic set in. It is Tuesday, Tuesday workouts and me just don't mix lately...thankfully, Mom called during lunch to let me know she was coming with. That made me feel much better about the run...having a partner makes it a lot easier. We are still taking it slow at 2:2 to be sure we do not mess up our injuries, and things went really well. To see how it would go, I decided that I would wear Karen's "fuel belt" and carry a camera as well so I can document each run.

Here are Mom and I prior to our run...we were having some issues taking my picture, I was actually glad to be running...the picture does not really show it...




Tonight's run was out to Buckner Road and back...roughly 4 miles...all through neighborhoods, we ran mostly on the sidewalk due to traffic, but ran on the road for a few as well. We made it through the first hill and out of our neighborhood fairly easily...we had not quite gone a mile when we ran into Claire and her Mom....



As you can see, she was really happy to see us. You can see Claire and her little sister Libby...they were off to take Claire to piano lessons. After Claire we went about a quarter mile, then I saw this nice little creek...



Next up, what I like to call Asshole hill. The best thing about Asshole hill is that we go up it once and the downhill on the way back is awesome.



Finally, here is the turnaround...the stop sign...



Anyway, things went well tonight. Once again, no pain, I think that I have been stretching much better, my exercising has been paying off, and regular icing of the ankles doesn't hurt either.

Mom and Joe 4 miles 52:46 13:20 pace...
Karen: 5.6 mile 70:00 12:30 minute pace...

I really liked carrying the camera. I will definitely do this from time to time especially at the Fleet Feet runs...this weekend's Radnor Lake run should provide us with some good picture opportunities...

J

No comments: