get a badge now!

Monday, March 23, 2009

Blog-Worthy Run tonight

So, due to more scheduling conflicts...darn kids (this time it is Claire, I am going to go watch her piano lesson tomorrow night)...I did my first run of the week tonight. Karen and I ran our normal 5 miler, from the house through a few neighborhoods and back. It would be the first time running with my new fuel belt...I finally found one I wanted, one that would carry water and have a pocket for my camera and gels. I got home early enough to stretch properly, waited until Karen got home, and then we were off.

I was nervous about the bag, but it fits on me perfectly and did not bother me at all. The only thing that does bother me are those darn ipod headphones. I sweat a bit while running and the buds slip out of my ears...so, I am constantly fiddling with them and my glasses...All in all, it was a pretty strong run for me. I had control of my breathing, so aerobically, I felt good...the last hill kind of sucked though, but the others didn't which was good.

The best part is that the running is done for the evening, so we are free to watch Dancing with the Stars and "24" tonight and not have to stay up all night AND there will be no issues for American Idol tomorrow night. VOTE FOR ANOOP, by the way, that guy is a bad ass.

In closing, since I started running, I never really realized the web presence the running community has. There are tons of blogs and podcasts out there and I have really enjoyed reading/listening to them...aside from just listing them on my links to the right, I wanted to call out these 2 podcasts, I look forward to hearing them every week...

I have mentioned Gordon's blog before, but seriously check it out...be sure to listen to his podcasts too, they are awesome. I like his stuff because he seems like a normal guy, someone I can relate to. He blogs about his running accomplishments as well as what is going on with the family...good guy.

Then there is the Trilogy Running guys...if my brother and I did a podcast, it would most likely be like this. Of course, ours would probably be a little more "blue" and probably not as good...

Enjoy...

Joe

1 comment:

Jersey Grammy said...

I have to agree that you and your brother would probably have to be bleeped if you did a podcast together