get a badge now!

Saturday, March 14, 2009

9.83

So, the alarm went off at 5:45am this morning, as I turned over, I could still hear the rain coming down outside. As of last night, I had still not come to a decision on whether I was going to run in Nashville. Karen has been sick all week and running outside in the rain would not be in her best interest and Mom has been nursing some more leg woes...so it would just be me, if I went. Anyhow, the alarm went off, I turned it off and got back in bed. I layed there for about 10 minutes and said forget this crap, I am going. I jumped out of bed, put my gear on, and left the house a little after 6.

I got to the church next to Granny White Market and it was still drizzling...so be it, we ran in the rain before. Today, we ran a route that started at the Market and then went to Belle Meade BLVD...up and down the blvd from Percy Warner to some stoplight and then back to the church. It was cold, rainy, but really not terrible. We were supposed to run 9-10 miles...there were 3 water stops which REALLY helped. By the time we were done, most people were soaked...most of the run back, we had the rain in our face...BUT the half marathoners ran 9.83 miles...the most we have done. I am still kind of itching to break 10...I guess that will happen in 2 weeks...when we are supposed to run 10-12. After 2 soaks in Mom's hot tub, I feel fine, believe it or not. We will see what tomorrow brings, but that is tomorrow, not going to worry about that.

I do not normally talk much when we are out running...not for lack of things to say or I am gasping for air or anything like that, but I do kind of want to conserve my energy and such. I do think about silly stuff though. Actually, since I was pretty much by myself today, I had an ongoing conversation with myself from about mile 7 - until the end about how stupid I was for running in the rain...then I berated myself for being fat for awhile...that passed the time and miles. For some reason, I started thinking about the Halo 3 "Believe" marketing campaign. Before the release of Halo 3 they released these commercials where they "interviewed" old soldiers that fought alongside Master Chief and also had a really cool ad depicting one of the wars through a diorama. Stuff was really cool...This guy's site I linked to above has all the videos on there...very cool stuff. Totally off topic, but there you go...

Believe.

J

1 comment:

Jersey Grammy said...

seriously awesome blog Joe...you rule!