get a badge now!

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Running with the Fleet Feet Crew

Recap: We changed our training schedule to include 2 short days (although I may try to sneak one more in) and 1 long day (Saturday). After buying our shoes at the Fleet Feet last week, they mentioned they were doing marathon training every Saturday morning that would cover your long run for the week. We all thought this was a good idea. The $50 fee covers you all the way up to the race and provides a pace team, fluids, and from time to time, clinics on various topics.

Mom is on a plane back from Sacramento, so she could not make it. Karen has not been sick this year, so she felt that running in 25 degree weather was not a good idea.

I had some of the nervous nellies about going out myself, but it really turned out to be a great idea. They said they had close to 200-250 people split up into Marathon and Half Marathon, then if you were run, run/walk, or walk...then if you were a run/walker what your interval is. I ran with the 3:1 group and held my own. There were 7 people in my group...all ladies...I liked my odds.

The run started at the store and we did a 7 mile stretch in Brentwood that is called the loop, south on Franklin rd, west on Murray, north on Granny White, once around Granny White Park, north to Maryland Farms, East back to Franklin Road, then downhill to the store...it is a relatively flat course until the end, where there was brutal short hill that was a piece of shit that I wanted to punch in the face...

Stats for today: 7 miles: 1:29:25 12:46 pace...
*Update* Karen 7 miles 1:24:14 12:01 pace

Pretty proud of that, I am tired though, a little sore...but I do not hurt...

Karen is on the treadmill now. I will update her stats later.

1 comment:

ae said...

I honestly think you're amazing! Keep it up!