get a badge now!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Quick Wednesday Post about Tuesday

Before I get too far into work stuff...I wanted to write a quick post about Tuesday night. It was supposed to be an off night since we had a long run Sunday and we are switching out the training from here on out to do long runs with the Fleet Feet group on Saturday (don't want to overdo it), Karen and I were going to catch up on 24 and American Idol and we have a normal Tuesday night date at Pancho's...

Anyhow, we did find some time to slip in some miles. Karen wanted to do her normal 3 miles...I believe she finished in 36 minutes. If she actually read this, she could correct me if I am wrong. I did a mile, but wanted to try a different training method. Mom sent me a link to the Jeff Galloway website. He has a run/walk method that is supposed to allow for your muscles to recharge as you run...I tried a run 3 minute/walk 1 minute approach and took it slow because I had not REALLY warmed up. Long story short, I ran a 12:24 mile which to most people is not a big deal, but here is the good news:

1. That was pretty fast for me and I could go faster.
2. I was not huffing and puffing the whole time, I could carry on a conversation.
3. I got off the treadmill, stretched and was not sore at all.
4. I was not sore this morning. I could go again, if needed...

I am interested to see if I can pull off more miles tomorrow using this same method. We will see.

No comments: