get a badge now!

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thursday Night Workout

This evening I continued the interval approach and once again it paid off. Due to some cold weather, I used the treadmill to run, not my favorite thing, but since my workout partner is in Sacramento (MOM!!!!), I did not feel like going out on my own.

Tonights Stats:

Joe: 3 miles: 36:31 (Personal Record)
*UPDATE* Karen: 4 miles: 47:00

I rotated between 3 minutes run/1 minute walk (3:1) and slipped a 4:1 in there as well.

Couple of Observations:

I feel great, no major pains, waking around upright. I do not feel as though I over exerted myself.

I LOVE my shoes. I honestly may see if I can find another pair of Brooks Defiance II's so that I can have an extra pair.

Focusing on the interval times and not the mileage was key for me. It was an enjoyable run tonight.

This weekend, I will be going out "into the wild" to train with some folks at Fleet Feet of Nashville. I am a little nervous, because I will be doing it alone. Karen was sweet enough to manage my expectations by letting me know ahead of time that she most likely would not run if it was cold. Guess what, it is supposed to be 25 degrees, with Mom coming home from CA that day, well, it will just be me. I really should not be overly anxious because their training covers everyone from walkers to true runners. I will be fine. Anyhow, I will be rolling out of work a little early tomorrow to go to a Super Bowl party at Claire's school, then after I drop Claire off, will run out to check out some cold weather gear. Hopefully, the run will put me in a good mood, I have to go do the taxes right afterwards...boo.


J

No comments: