get a badge now!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What a great week....

1. It is an off week on the diet...I mean, the diet has been pretty easy, but it is always cool to be able to eat an extra grape or have a little snack other than the healthy stuff here and there.

2. Marathon Training Started!!!! We did our first 12 miles on Saturday! It was tough, but we made it through! We did 2 times around the "loop" in downtown Brentwood. It was hilly at times, but nothing we were not prepared for. Now, what I was not prepared for is the stomach issues that I started having around mile 10...I need to go back to peanut butter and jellies on long run days. Something that I know that I can digest and not have to poop out while I am out on the course...

3. I did my first "double dip" workout on Tuesday night. Our Marathon training calls for a long run on Saturday and then 2 'shorter' runs during the week. Most weeks I will be doing between 5 - 8 miles on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Since I already do my No Boundaries training (5k training for the Race for the Cure), I decided I would get there an hour early and then run 3-4 before my 3-4 that we do with the NOBO group. Both runs went well...the first one was HR while the second one was straight time intervals with the rest of the group. This week was 3.5:1, I ran strong and finished even stronger...

4. The best news of the week? Well, Karen and I are not running alone in Las Vegas in December! My Brother Ryan, who just started running relatively recently decided to take the plunge and run the half with us...Not only that! Mom is making the trip too! It should be TONZ of fun...

No comments: