get a badge now!

Friday, June 26, 2009

Week in Review

SO, it has been a long week which is surprising because I spent most of last weekend running. Most weekends that I have good runs transfer good juju into my week, but for some reason I just could not keep my head on straight...possible because I knew that Tim was going to be out for 3 weeks and I always like him to be around as a "safety net" so to speak...

Anyhow, last Thursday and Friday, Mom and I changed up our routine and ran in the morning. I woke up around 5:45...met Mom and we did 3 miles, once near my place, once near hers...both runs went well. I am not TOTALLY sure if I will make the change to full time morning running, but it really gave me a ton of energy for the rest of the day...

Saturday morning, Mom and I woke up early and carried ourselves out to Concord River Park which is my favorite running haunt these days. We ended up running 8.5 miles...my legs felt fine after the run...even with the heat. That is going to be the big thing to handle the next few weeks prior to Chicago...It has been hot in Nashville, hot and humid, which makes for tough runs, even the short ones...anyway, we found ourselves a new trail back in the Concord park that leads to Crockett Park, where the guys from work play disc golf. It is 2.4 miles, a little hilly, but lots of water stops, which is nice, and it connects with the rest of the trail system which will help when we need to manufacture some long runs in the fall.

On Monday night, Mom and I did a fun run with the Fleet Feet people starting at the Tin Roof 2...It was a nice run, a little hilly, hot, but we got to run through several sprinklers, so that cooled us off...most of the runners were not penguins, but that is OK. We did not come in last...there were 4 people behind us...everyone else was most likely a few beers deep. It was nice, we will definitely do it again next week...

18.5 miles in 4 days, not bad...we still were walking, we did not hurt...it was nice...due to some work issues and weather, I was not able to get back out until today...which was Africa hot...I ran about 2.25, then walked it out...I was 1 of 4 runners out there and I did not want to pass out or anything like that...

This weekend, we have a long run scheduled for Sunday morning...then 2 short runs during the week, then the Peachtree Road Race next Saturday in Atlanta...we are really excited! Looking forward to a weekend in ATL...

FYI...I did not proofread this.

No comments: