get a badge now!

Friday, June 12, 2009

Slave to the TrafficL...I mean Garmin...

I ran without my Garmin this afternoon and it was honestly like I was running naked. I never realized how much I depended on it to keep my pace. I used my normal watch to track my intervals and came in around the same time I normally do for my 3 milers, it was tough getting there. You see, for some reason, without that magic GPS telling me how fast I am going, I started out really fast...by my calculation, somewhere in the 9:30 -10:00 minute range. Now, for most folks, that is a fine pace, but for a pack of the packer like me, that is blazing. I figured that out around mile 2 when I was cashed...I slowed down for the final mile and everything was good. I also hit an exciting milestone. Per my running ahead, I broke 200 miles. Now, I have run a lot more than that, but we started using runningahead sometime in February...nevertheless, pretty cool stuff...

More Good News from Friday:



Claire FINALLY got her boot off. Here is a picture of her excited that she is able to wear 2 shoes. She has been a trooper for the last 3 weeks and did everything the doctor said she was supposed to do. She really wants to run/walk the Race for the Cure in the Fall. We will talk with her Mom to see if it is OK.

Also. I received a package from here:



What was it?



My number for the Peachtree! We were very excited. Karen and Mom also go theirs today. That is all I have for now. I am most likely going to take tomorrow as a rest day. Mom, Gordon, and possibly Karen's parents are coming over to celebrate Karen and I's wedding anniversary(Saturday) and my Birthday(Sunday)...we are going to run out and get some burgers and stuff from Costco and possibly visit the Allanti Bicycle store in Brentwood.

J

1 comment:

ae said...

What the heck? Why was Claire in a boot??

I don't think Allanti is open Sundays - you may want to check - though, REI is just down the street.

Love your Peachtree number - I kept all of my old ones. Hard to believe I ever did that - but remind me to tell you about my new obsession - power sculpt!