get a badge now!

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Great Saturday Run...

So this morning, I woke up to this:



The weather did not look like it was going to cooperate with us participating in the "Reunion Run" with the Fleet Feet folks. I got up around 5:30, had my gear on and was stretched out by 6:00, and planned on sipping on my coffee and watching Sports Center until Mom and Gordon showed up to watch the kids. Well, it got to be around 6:30, and they still had not showed up. With the weather being what it was, I figured that Mom
thought it would be canceled and just slept it. Karen decided to go back to bed, 2 minutes later Mom showed up...I called up to Karen, she decided that she was already in bed, go on...So, Mom and I left and made it to the Concord Y just in time.

Everyone in our crew was there, except Tim, we decided that due to the rain (and lightning) that we would do a shortened 5 miler. Even with the rain, it turned out to be a great run. We all ran the escalated 3:1 interval that Mom is running during her "No Boundaries" training...Here is a picture of the group at the turn around.



Anyway, even with the weather not really cooperating, it turned out to be a great morning. Lastly, here is a picture of Tammy (the wonderful lady that ran the CMM training), Mom, and Lou (our pace leader). Seriously, I do not think that I would be as excited about running if it weren't for Christy Beth, Tammy, and the rest of the folks at Fleet Feet.

1 comment:

Jersey Grammy said...

Nice Joe....I should have taken a picture of you so everyone could see what you look like soaking wet!