get a badge now!

Monday, May 11, 2009

Great Interval Run This Afternoon

Mom has been working out with a bunch of folks from Fleet Feet, doing a 'couch to 5k' program...the thought is to slowly, but surely wean you off of intervals until you can run a full 5k with no walking. While, I still remain a disciple of Galloway's run-walk method...I am intrigued by being able to run further without having to take a minute or two here and there to have a rest period.

Mom has been feeding me what they have been doing, so I can follow along from home. I am going to do my best to incorporate their workouts to my normal ones during the week. Tonights only took 20 minutes and I felt great afterwards...

The workout for this evening was 5 X 3:1 meaning I had to run the 3:1 interval 5 times. Now, for the 4 of you that have been following since the beginning, you know that I have already run a 3:1 and for over 6 miles, so this was not too bad for me tonight. I ended up running 1.75 miles in about 19:45...I did not do the full twenty, because I ran through my last interval...Galloway says to push yourself at the end to show your body who is boss...

As much as I have ranted about it not being about time...with the short races, 5k, 10k, it is totally about time for me...if tonight would have been a race, I would have thrashed my 5k time easy...spirits are high.

So, as of right now, I plan on adding an interval run like this at least once a week to my normal tuesday/thursday/saturday routine, to help my legs get accustomed to moving so much...

Once again, spirits are high, and I am excited to run during lunch tomorrow...

Thanks

Joe

No comments: